Monday 23 May 2016

My Short Story

For this piece of writing I have focussing on my vocabulary and punctuation. I have been learning to: -
  • use a range of precise vocabulary to communicate meaning (Year ⅞)
  • use all basic punctuation independently and attempt more complex punctuation (eg semicolons, colons, parentheses) (Year 7/8)

The pieces of my writing that are highlighted green are where I have shown my vocabulary and punctuation goal

My Story...
Cheats

Every single kid at school dislikes me but I know they are just jealous, everyone is, even the teachers at school. I mean how couldn't you be jealous with a name of Kyle Smith, amazingly handsome looks and the intelligence even smarter than all of the teachers.

For my first six whole years at school I was the only one that got 100% on any test alone but every single year I got 100% on all my tests that proves how advanced I am for my age now let’s get on with the story.

The story starts the day of our math tests, I as usual got 100% but so did someone else Aiden Hedge. I was livid all these years with him calling me a show off every time I got 100% in something he would tease me and now he’s gone and done it. I couldn’t believe  my eyes when when I looked over my shoulder at his results and I saw with green ink at the top of his page 100%. I didn’t know exactly how he got it but I had a pretty good idea.

That morning I saw Aiden sneaking into the teacher’s draws where she keeps all her paperwork and I reckoned he looked at the answers before the test because I know he can’t have gotten what he did. So I told everyone in the class that Aiden was a cheat and that he snuck into Mrs Runs (our math teachers) draw before the test and looked at the answers. Everyone was in shock to see one of the best students in our school to go running out of the classroom tears in his eyes. Straight after that happened I felt guilty so guilty that I felt like going out there and apologizing for what I had done even though I knew it was the truth.

The next day I felt bad so bad every time I glanced
at Aiden I got hit with a pang of guilt of what I had done. Then something I wasn’t expecting happened he came up to my after reading and admitted to his horrible mistake but it wasn’t what I thought was true.

Im really truly sorry for what I did, I knew you were going to look at my results so I changed them from 87% to 100% before you saw them” apologised Aiden from behind his hand I went into the teachers drawers to look at all your results just to see if you always got 100% and it’s true you always do

It’s ok don’t worry I was just concerned you were cheating and I know we have never been friends but do you think we can just make up and build a bridge I asked

Yeah let’s just forget this ever happened should we shake on it?” sighed Aiden

Yes I think we should I addressed

So we shook on it, we still to this day not friends but we still say hi to each other if we cross paths during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment